English | मराठी 

150 hospitalised after drinking pesticide mixed water

Tap water

water mumbaiPudukottai(TN): About 150 persons, including some children from three villages in the district were today hospitalised after drinking water laced with pesticide granules from an overhead tank, police said.

They were admitted to the government hospital here after they drank the water being supplied from Melakottai village and started vomitting and complained of giddiness, they said. Their condition is stable, doctors at the hospital said.

Police said water from the 30,000 litre overhead tank at Melakottai village was also being supplied to Kizhaku Kudiyiruppu and Samba hamlets.

The water was tested and found to have been mixed with pesticide granules, they said.

Police suspect that some unidentified persons might have mixed the pesticide in the tank.


Leave a Reply