English | मराठी 

24-year old male elephant electrocuted


Udhagamandalam (TN): A 24-year-old male elephant was electrocuted when it came into contact with an electric fence at a garlic farm at Oratti village, some 40 km from here.

Villagers noticed the carcass of the pachyderm early this morning and immediately informed forest department officials.

Assistant Conservator of Forests, Premkumar, accompanied by a veterinarian, rushed to the spot and recovered the body, forest department sources said.

They found a deep cut on the front side of the animal’s trunk, indicating that it might have tried to lift the electrified fence, some time last night.

Leave a Reply