English | मराठी 

4 members of family charred to death, 2 injured in fire in MP


Gwalior: Four members of a family were charred to death while two others sustained injuries when a massive fire broke out at a house in Morar area here, police said today.

The fire occurred due to a short-circuit at a garment shop situated on the ground floor of the four-storey house near Hanuman temple in Morar last night, Gwalior Superintendent of Police Harinarayan Chari Mishra said today.

Soon the fire spread across the entire house. An LPG cylinder and compressor of an air-conditioner later caught fire which resulted in a blast, he said.

The deceased were identified as – the owner of the house M K Yadav, his wife Phoolan, elder son Arun and daughter Chikki.

Fire brigade officials controlled the blaze soon after getting the alert.

Union Minister for Steel and Mines and local MP Narendra Singh Tomar also reached the spot and shifted the injured to a hospital.

Leave a Reply