English | मराठी 

400 police stations to be built in naxal-affected states


New Delhi:  To strengthen the security situation in 10 naxal-affected states, the Centre has given approval for setting up of 400 police stations and posts there, an RTI query has found.

According to information received from the Left Wing Extremism Division of Union Home Ministry, the government is building 400 fortified police stations in the 10 states, each of which will be allocated Rs 2 crore each.

The 10 states identified under the plan are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.

The Centre would bear 80 per cent of the cost of construction, while the state, the remaining 20 per cent.

In 2012-13, Rs 150 cr were allocated to these states, Rs 119.65 cr in 2013-14 and Rs 99 cr in the year 2014-15.

Leave a Reply