44 Dairy Development Projects to get approval
Dailry Development Project at Wagheri is scheduled to be completed on 15th December
Sindhudurg: The Dailry Development Project at Wagheri is scheduled to be completed on 15th December. Completion of this pilot project will ease the way for approval to 44 more proposals. If approved these projects will generate the fund of Rs 28, 35,72,000 to the district. The farmers in the district are showing great satisfaction on this.
Two pilot projects worth Rs 47.13 Lakh were approved to Cooperative Milk Producer organisations in Umbarde and Wagheri villages of Sindhudurg district under Central government’s National Agriculture Program. Brahmandev Cooperative Women Milk Producer Organization, Umbarde completed the project on time. But the project of Pavnadevi Cooperative Milk Production organization, Wagheri was stuck on the matter of cattle purchase. This project was approved in the year 2010 and was supposed to be completed by 2011 but it could not meet the deadline; government further extended its deadline.
Urmila Yadav, Gurunath Jadhav, SV Raul, Vijay Raul, S S Panchal and Sarpanch of Wagheri Santosh Rane made attempts to complete the project by visiting each and every house in a village.
The subsidy spent on this project is as follows:
- 50 per cent subsidy for 100 hybrid cows to fetch milk
- Rs 3 Lakh for land
- Rs 3.5 Lakh for cowshed
- Rs 5 Lakh for godown
- Rs 1.30 Lakh for calf shed and cattle insurance
- Rs 20 Thousands for medical services
- Rs 3 Lakh for milk machines
- Rs 1 Lakh for computerization
- Rs 1 Lakh administrative subsidy
- Rs 34 Thousands for clerical work
- Rs 44 Thousands for Nitrogen Crates
- Rs 7.25 Lakh for Bulk Milk Coolers
- Rs 22 Thousands for Chop Cutters
Each project in the program will receive Rs 54.63 Lakh for Mahila Bachat Gats and Rs 68.13 Lakh as other subsidy.