English | मराठी 

ATM with cash gutted in fire in Rajasthan


Jaipur: An ATM of a nationalised bank was today gutted in fire at Sansarchand Road near Chandpole here, an officer said.

The ATM of Punjab National Bank installed at a roadside shop caught fire around 10.30 AM, the state capital fire officer said.

As per a Jalpura police station cop, the bankers were still not clear about the cash loaded in the ATM at the time it caught fire apparently due to short circuit.

Neither a security guard nor any customer was inside the booth when the fire broke out, the police official said, adding, two bank officers reached the spot to take stock of the situation.

In another incident, household goods were gutted in a devastating fire that broke out at a house in Ramnagar area here, the fire official said.

Residents rushed outside when the fire broke out probably due to short circuit in a TV set at around 12 AM, he said.

Fire tenders were rushed to both the sites and the fire was doused within 30 minutes, he said.

Leave a Reply