‘Bombay Velvet’ wasn’t enticing enough: Ranbir
Mumbai: Actor Ranbir Kapoor feels that his last release “Bombay Velvet” was not enticing enough to pull the audience.
“Bombay Velvet” directed by Anurag Kashyap bombed at the box office. But the “Rockstar” actor is happy and proud of all the films that he has done so far.
“I am happy and proud to be working with everyone be it on “Bombay Velvet” or “Besharam” or any other film. The world of “Bombay Velvet” was not enticing… it did not have songs and all,” Ranbir told reporters here last evening.
“It seems that I did less promotion for it but that is not the case. While ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ had songs and, so it worked,” he said.
Ranbir, who is currently going through a phase of lull in his career, has given memorable performances in films like “Rockstar”, “Barfi”, Rajneeti” and others. He was billed as the next superstar of Bollywood.
On being the next superstar Ranbir, 32, said, “I have been hearing this from the last several years. I hope ‘Tamasha’ (his upcoming film) reinstates that faith. We all want to do good work, do different and exciting films and roles.
“We want to push the boundary as actors and also in terms of collection at the box office. As actors we are fearless. We all want to take the legacy of cinema ahead,” he said.
“Tamasha”, directed by Imtiaz Ali will see him reunite with his former girlfriend Deepika Padukone. It is set to release on November 27.