English | मराठी 

Cinema hall gutted in fire


Nashik, Dec 1 (PTI) A newly renovated cinema hall was gutted in fire during a movie show here, police said today.

‘Alankar’ cinema hall on Manmad-Shirdi road had been closed for three months for renovation and was re-started a few days back.

During the evening show of film ‘Ungli’ at the theatre last evening, smoke was witnessed at its back side and later the blaze started spreading in the premises which gutted the roof, screen, chairs and other wooden equipment, police said.

There was no casualty reported in the mishap.

Fire tenders were rushed to the site which managed to control the blaze.

The fire was suspected to have erupted from a short-circuit, police said adding that further investigation was on into the incident.

Leave a Reply