Deonar smog not to blame for 6-month-old boy’s death: Govt
Mumbai : The death of a six-month-old boy in a locality near Deonar dumping ground in Mumbai, where a fire raged 10 days back, was not due to the resultant smog, Maharashtra Assembly was informed here today.
Minister of State for Home Ranjit Patil, through a statement in the Lower House, said the child was suffering from cerebral palsy and was mentally retarded.
“He also had breathing problems since birth and was advised nebuliser treatment,” the minister said.
After the six-month-old boy died on March 22, his parents claimed that he died of suffocation due to toxic gases emitted from the Deonar blaze.
The infant, Mohammad Sarfaraz, lived with his parents in Shivaji Nagar located near the dumping ground.