English | मराठी 

Fire in shopping mall; none hurt

Visakhapatnam: Fire broke out in a shopping mall today in a three-storey building at Gopalapatnam here, fire officials said.

The mishap took place in the early hours when smoke began emanating from the Vaibhav mall located in the second floor of the building following which six fire extinguishers were pressed into service, they said.

Firemen took almost eight hours to douse the flames which gutted a lot of goods inside the mall. However, there were no human casualties in the mishap.

Marripalem fire office sources said electrical short-circuit is the reason behind the fire.

Leave a Reply