Mumbai University creates Synthetic Athletic Track
Mumbai University has placed a Synthetic Athletic track on sports complex located at Marine Lines
Mumbai: With an aim to develop players with international standards, Mumbai University has placed a Synthetic Athletic track on sports complex located at Marine Lines. This track will be beneficial for number of sports and activities. The Athletic Academy will be instituted to train players on this track; runners belonging to the university will be trained here for free.
This sports complex will be open to the players in Mumbai and surrounding areas to practice throughout the year. This track is built with the expense of Rs 4.16 crore. The State government had funded Rs 3 lakh for this track last year.
Though the track is placed at University ground, it will available to other players of the city as well. The track will be beneficial not only for small and long distance runners but for various other sports. The funds of Rs two crore are expected from the State government for renovation of a gallery around this track.
Specifications of the track:
- Eight lane track with 400 meter width
- Certified with IAFH class 2
- Steeplechase, Short put rings, Hammer or discus rings
- Pole vault runway, long jump runway, Jevelin runway
- A huge football ground
- Two full size Synthetic ‘D’ size fields
- Ultra Violate Stabilized (tracks can bare upto 60 degree Celsius temperature)
- 14 mm Synthetic thickness
- Material used of Germany’s prestigious Porplastic SW Company
- Line marking by Great Britan’s Trackmaster International
- Terra Coat colors used
- High spike resistant
- Sandwich construction, high quality elastic layer