English | मराठी 

Over 50 children fall ill after eating prasad in Bihar


Sheikhpura (Bihar):  Over 50 children fell ill after eating ‘prasad’ in Sheikhpura district today, officials said.

The incident took place at Dullapur village of the district where a Satyanarayan Puja was held at a house and the ‘prasad’ made of milk, sugar, banana, wheat and rice flour was distributed among the people, they said.

Soon after eating it the children in the village developed symptoms of stomach upset and vomitting.

They were rushed to Sheikhpura sadar hospital and private health centres for treatment.

Sheikhpura sadar hospital deputy superintendent M P Singh said “Fifty children have been admitted to our hospital for treatment. They are out of danger now. Food poisoning is suspected behind their illness. It seems that the ‘prasad’, which was prepared hours ago before being distributed had turned bad due to the heat.”

Police have launched investigation and samples of ‘prasad’ have been collected and sent for tests.

Leave a Reply