Pressurising Farah to make ‘Happy New Year’ sequel: Abhishek
Mumbai, Nov 16 (PTI) After the success of ‘Happy New Year’, actor Abhishek Bachchan says he and the entire cast of the movie are pressurising director Farah Khan to make a sequel of the heist comedy.
The 38-year-old actor said the starcast of the film comprising Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Sonu Sood, Boman Irani, Vivaan Shah and him, want to work together again as they all had a lot of fun while shooting ‘Happy New Year’, which released on October 24.
“I think everybody is pressuring Farah because everybody wants to get back as a team to work again… we had a great time while filming
. “But as she said that she has to come up with a good story. Right now she is on a long overdue break so we are letting her enjoy. Once she is back with her thinking hat, then we can pressurise her again,” Abhishek told.
. ‘Happy New Year’ was the second time the actor worked with a woman director. He has previously collaborated with Revathi on ‘Phir Milenge’.
When asked how it was working with Farah, Abhishek said, “You can’t compare two creative people. It is incorrect. Farah is a brilliant director.
She is my favourite. I love what she stands for. I love her cinema.
I love the way she makes the cinema. She believes in unabashed entertainment
.” In ‘Happy New Year’, Abhishek plays the role of Nandu Bhinde, a tapori who is involved in the heist that forms the crux of the film.
His act was loved by the audience and many on social media, deeming him as the ‘real star’ of the movie.