English | मराठी 
    
|

Smoke in metro rake causes panic

Metro train on trial run

Smoke was detected in a Dum Dum bound non-airconditioned metro rake today as soon it entered the Central station.
Metro train Kolkata: Smoke was detected in a Dum Dum bound non-airconditioned metro rake today as soon it entered the Central station.

“Smoke was detected in a non-airconditioned metro railway rake after the under gear battery box suspension brake was overheated. Within minutes the train service was normalised after problem was rectified,” Metro Railway spokesperson said.

Smoke caused panic among passengers after the rake entered the central station at 12.32 pm but evacuation was smooth as the train was at the station, the sources added.

PTI

Leave a Reply

*