English | मराठी 

Two injured in cylinder explosion, wall collapse


Thane : Two persons were injured today when a gas cylinder exploded at a house in a chawl here, resulting in wall collapse of the adjacent house, civic officials said.

The incident occurred at about 7.00 AM at house of Rajashree Ghadge in a chawl in Manorama Nagar when leakage of LPG cylinder triggered the blast in which she sustained burns, while wall of the adjacent house collapsed, injuring Rajnath Yadav (38), Regional Disaster Management Cell Chief of Thane Municipal Corporation Santosh Kadam said.

Both the persons were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment, he said.

Soon after receiving an alert, firemen of Thane fire brigade and disaster management cell rushed to the site and carried out rescue operations, the officer added.

Leave a Reply